It is coming up to the last Christmas shopping weekend that you can go out and buy your loved ones gifts. This includes your family pets. Instead of buying them something tasty to enjoy, why not bake these festive doggy-friendly Christmas cookies instead!!
Yummy Pumpkin and Peanut butter cookies.
- 3 cups/420 grammes of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup/140 grammes of oats (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter (chunky can pose a choking hazard for smaller dogs)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup/140 grammes pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Christmas Cookie Cutters
- Cookie Baking Tray
- Rolling Pin
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 4/180C
- In small bowl, stir together the flour, oats, and cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin and peanut butter until combined. Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Pour onto a floured surface and roll dough out to 1/2 thick. Cut out using cookie cutter.
- The dough will be a little sticky, a dusting of flour for your hands and the rolling pin will help! Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Place on cooling racks and let cool thoroughly. They will harden as they cool.
REMEMBER YOU CANNOT ADD SULTANAS, RAISINS OR CHOCOLATE TO YOUR DOGS CHRISTMAS COOKIES!